Song of Solomon Chapter 7
1 How beautiful are your feet in sandals, prince's daughter! Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a skilful workman.
2 Your body is like a round goblet, no mixed wine is wanting. Your waist is like a heap of wheat, set about with lilies.
3 Your two breasts are like two fawns, that are twins of a roe.
4 Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are like the pools in Heshbon by the gate of Bathrabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon which looks towards Damascus.
5 Your head on you is like Carmel. The hair of your head like purple. The king is held captive in its tresses.
6 How beautiful and how pleasant you are, love, for delights!
7 This, your stature, is like a palm tree, your breasts like its fruit.
8 I said, "I will climb up into the palm tree. I will take hold of its fruit." Let your breasts be like clusters of the vine, the smell of your breath like apples.
9 Your mouth is like the best wine, that goes down smoothly for my beloved, gliding through the lips of those who are asleep.
10 I am my beloved's. His desire is towards me.
11 Come, my beloved! Let's go out into the field. Let's lodge in the villages.
12 Let's go early up to the vineyards. Let's see whether the vine has budded, its blossom is open, and the pomegranates are in flower. There I will give you my love.
13 The mandrakes produce fragrance. At our doors are all kinds of precious fruits, new and old, which I have stored up for you, my beloved.
Version: World English Bible
- About World English Bible (WEB)
- WEB Glossary
- WEB Web Site (source documents)
- Bible on one web page
- Download WEB (for MS Word)
Headings to Indicate Sections (Main Divisions Only)
- The Marriage (1:2-2:7)
- The Shulamite and the Virgins ready for the Wedding (1:2-6)
- The Bride and the Bridegroom (1:7-2:6)
- The Voice of the Singer - Wisdom (2:7)
- The Betrothal (2:8-7:9)
- Memories of the Wooing (2:8-3:5)
- The Voice of the Singer: Wisdom (3:5)
- The Actual Betrothal (3:6-4:15)
- Experiences Following Betrothal (5:2-7:9)
- The United Life (7:10-8:14)
- The Bride (7:10-8:3)
- The Voice of the Singer - Wisdom (8:4)
- The Bride and Bridegroom (8:5-8:14)